How do I create a Team in Microsoft Teams?
Answered by Ashley Lance
- Open Microsoft Teams
- On the left-hand bar, double-click the Teams button
- Click Join or create team which should be on the top right side if you have the latest version. If you have an earlier version, it may be on the lower left side.
- Click Create team and follow the prompts
Some points about creating Teams
- You should consider creating a Team when you have a long-term group project/similar that can be clearly defined from other projects
- Creating a Team also creates a SharePoint site for files that can be accessed and edited by all the people in the group at the same time
- We highly recommend that if you have an existing team or team that serves a similar purpose to stick with it to avoid the clutter of many Teams and to leave student-created teams when you are finished with them.