What do I do if my internet connection isn't working?
Answered by Midge Khinsoe
- Using another device (e.g a home computer or sibling's laptop) check to see if that has internet access.
- If the other device has internet access, it's probably your computer having connection issues. Go to step 2.
- If your other device doesn't connect, it's likely your home network having issues. Go to step 3.
- If your laptop is having issues, try the following:
- On the taskbar, check your laptop is connected to your network via WiFi. If you have a wired connection, try that. If it connects, try WiFi again afterwards.
- Restart your computer.
- If your network is having issues, try the following: Please ask a parent to assist if you are not sure what to do.
- Locate your modem and router within your house.
- Locate the power button and turn it off and on again.
- If this does not work, reset the modem. There should be a button labeled "RESET"
- If this does not work consult the manual, or call your network provider.