This feature in PowerPoint allows you to give a presentation and have subtitles appear as you speak PLUS other people can watch the presentation and have your talk translated live into their chosen language!
If that sounds amazing - it is. And it works.
Get Started with Presentation Translator for PowerPoint
To get started, you need to download the translator add-in from here https://translator.microsoft.com/help/presentation-translator/
When you open PowerPoint you select "Start Subtitles"
You choose the language you are speaking + the language you want to appear as subtitles. Audience members can also follow along in a language they choose on their device by scanning a QR code or entering a website associated with the presentation.
- Download the translator add-in here https://translator.microsoft.com/help/presentation-translator/
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint
- Select the Slide Show tab
- Choose to always present with subtitles by checking the option box if wanted
- To start presenting with subtitles, click Start Subtitles
- Select which languages you would like to present in and be understood in from the drop-down menus
- Ask your audience to download Microsoft Translator or a QR scanner on their device
- Your audience will be able to follow the audio of your presentation as real-time subtitles, displayed on their device, and contribute to the conversation.